Tuesday, October 16, 2018

In Light of the New Wave of Immigrants Coming Just In Time for the Mid-Term Elections

I'm posting this picture again. Several years ago, a friend, whom I respect, who's deeply involved in the foreign mission field, unequivocally said "we must let needy immigrants in." In one sense, I can understand her passion and sense of "Christian" charity. By the same token Jesus DID say, "be as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves."
I pondered the immigration problem in light of the present push towards globalism and realized that it could, very well, be a ploy, exploiting human misery as a battering ram for the purpose of destroying national borders. Hence, I came up with the attached "picture." I concede that it does reveal a strong element of synicism but I'm actually encouraged that Trump modified one of my points by, rather than "bombing the crap" out of those who make it difficult for those who seek asylum here, providing economic pressure on them instead. In the meantime, Congress has definitively refused to come up with a solution by law.
I post this because the subject is, once again, coming to the forefront in light of the fact that, just in time for the mid term elections, a swarm of Honduran "refugees" is coming to "knock on the national doors" and I believe that, in spite of the need for compassion, what I'm pointing out here needs to be entered into the equation as well.


No comments: